Newspaper classifieds are pretty good for spreading the word about your upcoming garage sale - that is, if you've only got a simple garage sale with only a few things to sell.
More and more people are turning to online sites like egaragesales.com.au to place detailed online advertisements which better inform and attract buyers to their garage sale.
To justify the decision to advertise online, and to improve your sales success, you should consider the following suggestions for getting the best value out of your online advertisement.
- Advertise as early as you can - as soon as you've set a date - even if you haven't finalised what you are selling. The longer your ad is listed, the more people will read it and hopefully mark it down as a "must see" sale. egaragesales ensures your street address remains private until the day before your sale.
- Entice buyers with detail. Write a story; describe special goods; highlight unusual items. If you are hard to find, explain how to get to your sale. Make the sale sound huge and worth going to. You've got lots more space than a narrow 4 line classified ad - Use It! Entice your customers.
- Egaragesales.com.au displays the first 4 lines of your description in the search results so that a buyer can get an idea of what is for sale without having to click into the ad. Put your best items within the first few lines of your ad to entice the buyer to select your ad for full viewing.
- If you have some really special items, add photos to your advertisement for special effect.
- Between the time you decide to have a garage sale and the days before your sale, you are sure to have found more items, or even excluded some items. Online ads allow you to change your garage sale details at any time to ensure prospective buyers get accurate information.
- With egaragesales.com.au, if the unexpected happens and you have to postpone your garage sale, simply edit your ad and change the date of your sale for no extra fee.
- egaragesales.com.au also provides plenty of tips and hints; garage sale articles; a garage sale checklist; and the ability to print your own free A4 or A3 signs as well as useful garage sale flyers.
So make your advertising dollar work overtime. Advertise online and give keen buyers something to think about.