My advice to garage sale holders for getting the best value from their online advertisement has always been to advertise as far in advance as possible. I recently asked last minute advertisers why they waited, in some cases, to the day before their sale. Some of the responses included:
- I missed the newspaper deadline, panicked, and found your web site.
- I wasn't really sure I would hold my sale this weekend. Once I decided, I'd missed the newspaper deadline.
- I was browsing around a couple of days before my sale to get any extra tips and just found your web site.
- I hadn't finished sorting out what to put in my sale so waited until then to put my ad up.
In short, I was surprised to find that no-one did so because of tardiness or because they were not aware they could advertise with egaragesales for as long as they wanted for one flat fee.
It has made me change my thinking towards the last minute advertisers. We actually service two types of garage sale holder.
- The very organised and planned people who would probably follow our 6 week garage sale checklist (see Home Page) for having a successful garage sale, and
- The people who don't have much time to prepare for varying reasons and need to advertise in a hurry, at short notice, in a publication that takes ads at the last minute and where buyers are sure to read these last minute ads.
So, Buyers take note. Always check back with egaragesales.com.au on Friday night in case some new garage sales have been advertised in your area.
My message to Garage Sale Advertisers:
- By giving you the ability to change the content of your ads at any time;
- by allowing you to change your sale date if your circumstances change; and
- by providing our new Rain Guarantee that allows you to readvertise your garage sale for free if you had to cancel because of bad weather,
more of you will want to place your ad much earlier, if you can, to attract more buyers.
For those of you who have no option but to advertise at the last minute, rest assured that your ad will be read by bargain hunters in time for the start of your garage sale.
Happy hunting and selling.
egaragesales.com.au - Helping Buyers and Sellers Meet.