Heres an interesting find. Something that I just happened to stumble upon whilst browsing the net. Its an idiots guide to garage sale. (Interesting title). Apparently it gives a great insight into how to hold a successful garage sale and covers various topics such as
- Getting started
- Gathering and preparing your items
- Planning your sale
- Organising charity, rummage and bake sales
- Getting the word out and promoting your sale day
- How to correctly price your items
- The actual day of the sale
- Successful buying strategies
- After the sale
Whilst I havent read this book and to be completely honest I just skipped over it on Amazon and Google, it looks like it could be a little treat for the garage sale enthusiast.
Looks fairly cheap too, at only $1.99. Gee, at that price what you have you got to lose?
Here it is at Amazon and also over at Google. You can actually preview most of the book online which is great.